Making a travel plan, but not sure about your departure? If you are a flexible traveler and your plan can change at any moment, then you must go through the Air Canada cancellation policy to avoid any last-minute hassle. Try to book refundable tickets in that case.
The cancellation policy of the airline is quite simple and smooth. There are some terms and regulations in the cancellation policy of the airline. The cancellation policy allows passengers to cancel their tickets even at the last moments without any ado. Some flexible travelers avoid purchasing tickets due to a huge cancellation fee. Make Air Canada reservations and stop worrying about the hefty cancellation charges.
How to cancel Air Canada booking online?
Passengers can simply cancel their existing booking by visiting the official site of the airline. Another method is to calling the dedicated helpline number to cancel your scheduled departure. You are eligible for a refund or not depends on the fare class and route you are traveling. If your case meets the standard terms of the cancellation policy, you can ask for a refund. Follow the below steps to cancel flight tickets effortlessly.
- Launch your internet browser and open the official site of Air Canada.
- Log in by using your credentials.
- At the top of the home page, click on the “flight” tab.
- Now click on the “Manage my bookings” options to proceed further.
- You can access your booking in two ways-
- Open your single flight booking by entering your last name, booking reference, and the number of the credit card used to while booking a flight ticket.
- You can access all your bookings in your account, then choose the booking you want to cancel.
- Hit on the “Cancel booking” tab and follow the on-screen instructions to cancel your booking. Check whether you have to pay the Air Canada cancellation fee or not.
- Once you are done with the cancellation process, you will receive a confirmation e-mail.
Implement these easy steps to cancel your flight booking within no time.
There are certain terms and conditions to cancel your flight ticket online that are mentioned below.
You can cancel your ticket online if-
- You have booked your flight via the official site of the airline.
- You want to cancel your entire booking.
- You are canceling your flight ticket at least two hours prior to your departure.
You can’t cancel your flight ticket online if-
- You have purchased your ticket through Air Canada reservations or by another means. In this case, you are required to cancel your booking via the same method it was reserved.
- You want to cancel an Aeroplan reward booking. Contact Aeroplan directly in that case.
- You want to make a partial cancellation.
24 hours cancellation policy of Air Canada
Like all other airlines, passengers of Air Canada also can cancel their tickets 24 hours after the booking of the ticket. You don’t have to pay any cancellation fee. This policy applies to both refundable and non-refundable fares.
After the cancellation has been made, you will ask for a reimburse on your ticket. For that, you should know the refund policy of Air Canada. The refund policy of the airline is mentioned below in detail.
Refund policy of Air Canada
You will get a refund based on the Air Canada refund policy. If you are canceling your booking within 24 hours of purchase-
- You will get refund the price of your ticket. You will be sent a confirmation e-mail in this case.
- Or your payment transaction will be canceled. You will not receive any e-mail in this case.
- If you want to cancel the ticket on which an upgrade has been confirmed, you will be required to call Air Canada reservations to request for refund.
If you are canceling your ticket after 24 hours of the purchase, you will get a refund or not depend upon the ticket you purchased. If you have purchased a refundable ticket, you can ask for it, but in case of non-refundable tickets, you need to connect with the airline representative via a dedicated helpline number to avail assistance.
You can ask for a refund by calling the Air Canada Reservations number +1-800-962-1798 or by filling the refund online application form.
Other Related Article